Saturday, October 21, 2006

Kill the beast?

This (hat tip USS Neverdock) is mind-boggling, or would be if we weren't all used to it:
Manchester's leading Imam has confirmed that he thinks the execution of sexually active gay men is justified. Mr. Arshad Misbahi, who is based at the Manchester Central Mosque, confirmed his views in a conversation to Dr John Casson, a local psychotherapist.
Having read the article, I think the blessed imam very carefully steers a course which is technically legal. He only advocates killing gay men in an "Islamic state". Still, it would be nice to think that the British police were looking into it. What, of course, is more likely is that they would investigate me if I were to mention it to them. Moreover, I don't think I'm entitled to complain if they don't.

No comments: