The rules (courtesy of Joshuapundit):
- I have to let you know who tagged me.
- I'll need to list 8 facts or habits about myself that you might not otherwise know.
- I have to tag another 8 people and leave comments on their sites letting them know that they've been tagged, so they can likewise make the requisite revelations.
- I have to reproduce these rules.
OK, the facts:
- I practise Tae Kwon Do (ITF version). I'm currently training for my second dan and it hurts.
- I'm not a citizen of the UK - although I am a long-term, resident Anglophile.
- I gave up smoking two years ago and that hurts, too.
- I like cooking, but have not the slightest interest in writing about it.
- I never liked team sports. But I'm perfectly happy for you to like them.
- Nevertheless, I love collaborating. I'd much rather write a paper with a colleague than the same one on my own.
- I find the world a very frightening place without the protection of tobacco (does that count, or is it merely a repetition of (3)?).
- I don't have a television, as I really didn't want my children to be enslaved by it.
- The Dissident Frogman
- One Hand Clapping
- The Unoriginal Muse
- New Nationalist
- The Jawa Report
- Classical Values
- Spiced Sass
Here's a list of antecedents from the co-tagged Kobayashi Maru.