Friday, September 15, 2006

Still cleaning up after them



I'm not from the '60s generation.
My siblings were though.
I watched their friends.
Young people can be ruthless but perceptive-the young outsiders.
I knew what I was seeing.
Parasitism.
Declaring their parents, their culture, their whole environment a disaster, whilst cashing the checks and demanding more.
This, don't forget, was the generation whose parents had fought a world war with millions dead, to protect them from totalitarianism and fascism.

They've grown up now - "Deadly spinach alert widens".
No they haven't, they just look older. PJ O'Rourke said "The real truth about children is they don't speak the language very well. They're physically uncoordinated. And they are ignorant of our elaborate ideas about right and wrong." The same applies to almost all ex-hippies.

Or better still - "
Everybody wants to save the earth; nobody wants to help Mom do the dishes."

We're still cleaning up the mess.

No comments: